Accessibility Partners is hiring–are you a fit for an inclusive and dynamic work environment? We advocate increasing accessibility of technology for people of all abilities. We hope you can join our team!
Title: Senior Technical Lead – Accessibility – Telework Position
E-mail your resume to: HR@AccessibilityPartners.com
This position is for a Section 508 and Accessibility Sr. Technical Lead. In this role Sr. Technical Lead will provides accessibility subject matter expertise and accessibility testing experience. This is a full-time telework position with some travel required. This position requires an analytical mind and the ability to take on the perspective of people with all types of abilities.
- Understand general accessibility and usability design principles for web sites, web applications, and electronic documents (e.g., PDF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to demonstrate a deep knowledge of Section 508 and WCAG 2.0
- Be capable of conducting comprehensive accessibility testing to include but not limited to assistive technology products and test tools especially JAWS, MAGic, Dragon NaturallySpeaking, manual reviews; keyboard only; color sampling; and screen reader reviews
- Conduct comprehensive accessibility testing of web sites, web applications, software, hardware and electronic content with semi-automated testing tools, manual evaluation tools, and with assistive technologies.
- Understands the benefits of the various programming languages and accurately suggests the use of the appropriate testing technology for the website or application.
- Possesses significant knowledge of client/server and internet systems architectures and accurately suggests the use of the appropriate testing technology for the website or application.
- Understands browser / client specific compatibility issues.
PROJECT RELATED COMPETENCIES
Solution Development and Delivery
- Applies significant knowledge of accessibility industry trends and best practices to our clients.
- Easily recognizes accessibility deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
- Suggests alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements more efficiently, and/or with greater usability.
Technical Effort Management
- Creates and executes test plans across multiple projects and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Keeps project manager well informed of status of development effort and serves as liaison between testing staff and project manager and/or client across multiple projects.
- Defines, communicates and enforces accessibility standards.
- Manages multiple test teams within budget and project schedule.
- Assists in sales efforts from a technical perspective.
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to our clients.
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while clarifying roles and responsibilities.
- Pursues excellence in all aspects of business.
- Possesses the expert knowledge to identify opportunities for change and the ability to convey the need for change.
- Builds expert knowledge in our industry.
- Evokes creative and innovative thinking from team members while helping them to bring their ideas and career plans to fruition.
- Helps to determine new, creative ways to employ teams on projects and distribute responsibilities.
- Serves as key participant in team and client meetings.
- Raises our visibility through involvement in local industry organizations.
- Confronts issues opening and quickly.
- Tactfully communicates sensitive information.
- Manages client interaction and expectations for multiple or large-scale development efforts.
- Anticipates clients’ needs and proposes alternative technical solutions.
- Continually seeks and capitalizes upon opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Possess a knowledge base of each client’s business, systems and objectives.
- Analyze the accessibility features of web sites, software applications, web applications, content, hardware testing, as well as, mobile applications.
- Prepare detailed reports documenting identified deviations and suggesting potential solutions for accessibility violations
- Review and provide Section 508 Product Assessments, Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPATs)
- Define and improve processes and guidelines for creating accessible web sites and applications.
- Document remediation (for example PDF, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Participates in all programs relating to performance evaluations and career development planning.
- Mentors technical managers and senior developers through formal and informal channels.
- Assesses training needs and selects training tools for team members.
- Manages the development of project teams by ensuring that project tasks are in line with each innovator’s career interests.
- Easily recognizes areas for internal improvement and develops plans for implementation.
- Lends expertise to internal teams and task forces.
- Reviews the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate.
Experience and Education Requirements
B.A. or B.S. in computer science, information technology, human computer interaction, or related field considered an advantage. Equivalent experience accepted.
E-mail your resume to: HR@AccessibilityPartners.com